Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Revelations About the Dark Side

This is a variation on something I wrote after a prompt from the team over at the ForceCentre Podcast. Much obliged to Joseph, Ken and Jennifer for all the great Star Wars content to keep my ears filled with fun and insightful chats on long assed days of non wrestling / writing work.

Enjoy

***

Without getting into too many lurid details, I recently had an object lesson into the purifying power of Anger.

After first being presented with a series of facts a swell of pure, righteous anger seemed to fill my consciousness. An anger that was so powerful I carried it with me for several days. This is the kind of anger where everything else in my life served as a reminder of the thing that was fueling this level of vitriol. 

I carried in into my writing, my workouts and more.

After a time I was thankfully given more information to the source of my anger, was able to find context and some understanding for why the incident in question occurred the way it did. And as such I was finally was able to release the anger and start anew.

Which was when I realized something awful.

I MISSED the anger.

Not the gut churning, hyper aggressive and waspish attitude parts. But the purity of it. The certainty that my anger was just and righteous. That the reason I was so damned angry had a purpose that would eventually be revealed where I could unleash it all in a fury of lightning strikes and rage.

I also missed the anger because it left behind a sense of shame.

Shame at myself for enjoying the rage. For enjoying the wrong headed sense of certainty in the emotion. Shame for realizing how wrong I was to have let myself get into that state and in refusing to search out other sources of information or knowledge that could have dispelled my anger and actually made a positive difference in my life.

As such, I have realized that this is the True Power of the Dark Side.

Because it is quicker to join you in a fight, it feeds upon the baser instincts within your soul; The Dark Side stokes ones’ anger until it is all you can see. It blinds you to other options, avenues of thought and pathways you could very easily take. And anytime you think you’ve gone too far in your anger, the Dark Side fills you with Shame. After all, if you are capable of all these horrible thoughts and actions and you might not be justified – what kind of a person would that make you?

We are One with the Force When we are Calm and allow it to flow through us in spirit and body. This is the path of the Force and the Way of the Jedi

***

Be sure to visit the links and add the ForceCenter Podcast to your feed if you like having fun, in depth and positive discussions from a Galaxy Far, Far Away. 

And I'll talk more about my Book 4 Layout Progress tomorrow. And yes, I have been working on it today as well. But I thought this would be more fun to share is all :)

AK



1 comment:

  1. Great entry, Adam. Great reminder that the lessons of Star Wars can be felt everywhere. Beautiful share. Keep celebrating Star Wars and be safe in the ring!

    ReplyDelete

A Throwback to MySpace - Time for a Workout Review!

No for real, this is something I used to do all the time back when MySpace was the hot new-ness on the internet in like... 2005? Something l...