Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Long Weekend Thoughts

 I put this thought out on the Twitter last night but felt like expanding on it a bit today.

Somehow, in spite of the difficulties in the world with the frustrating COVID restrictions and more, I quietly had one of the more enjoyable long weekends than I've had in a while.

From being a panelist talking about #UrbanFantasy tropes during a Friday evening Keycon event. To a relaxing Saturday spent mostly playing with my daughter and my dogs. To a Sunday where heading to Morden, MB to catch Godzilla vs Kong on the big Drive-In Movie screen (and reconnecting with an old friend) was the clear highlight. To finally having the weather turn glorious and getting a bit of a sunburn while finally finishing the new paint job on the deck and fence.

Oh yeah, and listening to the Jets defeat the Oilers in back to back Overtime thrillers on the radio made the heart of my teenaged self weep with joy after all those Smythe Division heartbreaks from the 80s and 90s.

I mean... this is the kind of weekend we all work towards, isn't it?

Back to the grind now. While not quite done the layout phase for Book 4 should be done this week with any luck. I quite like the shape of it though the real test will be in seeing how it flows once Joe is back in the driver's seat and explaining the action.

Home workouts are frustrating but I seem to have found a rhythm that is keeping the mind and body in sync. It's also keeping my heart rate somewhere in the mid 150 range for the duration. So, I'm either doing something right or having a series of minor heart attacks. Six of one ...

More to come soon. Thanks for checking the blog out if you are. And if not, thanks to Google for giving me a place to write the thoughts down aside from the notebook I will eventually lose after running it through the laundry.

AK




No comments:

Post a Comment

A Throwback to MySpace - Time for a Workout Review!

No for real, this is something I used to do all the time back when MySpace was the hot new-ness on the internet in like... 2005? Something l...