Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Second Round Exit, a ForceCenter Shout Out and the CWE iPPV.

Another year, another exit for my Winnipeg Jets from the Stanley Cup Playoffs. And sure like many of us, I’m disappointed to see them swept in four games by the Montreal Canadiens after vanquishing the dreaded Oilers in Round One. However just making it out of the first round is an accomplishment in any year, never mind one involving bubbles, endless testing and isolation and competing in front of no fans.

So I choose hope for the future. In both the NHL and in the world at large. People here in Manitoba are rushing to get themselves fully vaccinated and I look forward to a day in the not too distant future where I can re-lace my leather wrestling boots, stride out a curtain before dozens of people and smash a fool right in the face. Or ply my written wares in front of potential readers at bookstores / libraries to hopefully sign some covers, shake some hands and generally interact with the world at large.


Wouldn’t that be nice?


Props to Joseph, Ken and the rest of the team over at the ForceCenter Podcast for taking time out of their weekly show to discuss my “essay / blog post” Thoughts About the Dark Side and to give this page a shout out. Greatly appreciated, as was the discussion that followed. Please check them out at the links provided for all of your #StarWars news, views and celebrations.

Worked on the first of the “Queen’s Guard” tales again today. And while it’s not ready for public view just yet I am planning to post it here on this blog once it’s completed. So stay tuned. Or tell your friends. Or don’t, I’m not the boss of you.

Finally, a shout out to the team over at Canadian Wrestling’sElite for their hard work in getting independent wrestling back on the SHAW Cable / YouTube airwaves. This weekend they will be hosting an iPPV event in celebration of their 12th Anniversary taking place from the CWE Training facility. No, there will be no fans in attendance and the talent will be as socially distant and behaving responsibly as per the current Provincial Guidelines. While I will not be able to perform on this event I do hope to bring my boots for future events as things progress. Visit the Official CWE Facebook Pagefor all the information to order this event.

Thanks to everyone who checks out this site on any level. It’s greatly appreciated.

AK


No comments:

Post a Comment